Never Neglect your Neck; Achieving Nefertiti
by Michael Wong·
Never Neglect your Neck; Achieving Nefertiti
Now we have touched on all the treatments we can do for your body and face. What about the neck? The neck, often referred to as the "Nefertiti Neck," plays a crucial role in defining one's overall appearance. Did you know that there are non surgical treatment options for neck rejuvenation? Some common complaints as we age are: crepiness and wrinkles, lines and loss of laxity/volumization. There are vertical and horizoncal “lines” that you may have noticed, depending on the movements that are made. The neck is a delicate area which should be considered an extension of your face. This is because your neck should also be included in the same skin care routine alongside your face.
Nonsurgical neck treatments have gained popularity in recent years due to their safety, minimal downtime, and impressive results. These are the common complaints that I would recommend neck treatments for:
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Over time, neck skin can lose its elasticity and develop fine lines. Nonsurgical treatments can smooth these wrinkles and restore a youthful appearance.
- Sagging Skin: The loss of collagen and elastin can lead to sagging skin. Nonsurgical options can help tighten and lift the neck without the need for invasive surgery.
- Double Chin: Many people struggle with submental fat, commonly known as a double chin. Nonsurgical treatments can reduce this excess fat, contouring the neck and jawline.
- Neck Bands and Crepiness: The neck may develop vertical and horizontal lines known as neck bands and crepiness. Nonsurgical approaches can address these concerns and improve skin texture.
Popular Nonsurgical Neck Treatments
Some of the most popular nonsurgical cosmetic treatments for the neck include:
- Botox for Neck Bands: Botox injections can relax the platysma by treating hyperkinetic platysma muscles responsible for vertical muscle banding and horizontal neck rhytides. This treatment smooths out the neck's appearance.
- Dermal Fillers: Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers can add volume to the neck and jawline, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin by treatment of low viscocity HA fillers
- Belkyra: Belkyra is an FDA-approved injectable treatment specifically designed to reduce submental fat. It helps sculpt the jawline and eliminate the double chin.
- Ultherapy: Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology to stimulate collagen production and tighten loose skin, creating a natural lift in the neck.
- Radiofrequency (RF) Treatments: RF treatments, such as Thermage uses heat energy to tighten and firm the skin on the neck and face.
- Sculptra: This treatment can be used to stimulate collagen in the areas such as the necklace lines or any other fine lines.
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels can improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of fine lines on the neck by targetting the damaged outer layers of skin.
Nonsurgical cosmetic treatments for the neck offer a compelling option for individuals seeking to enhance their appearance without surgery. Whether you want to reduce fine lines, tighten sagging skin, eliminate a double chin, or address neck bands and crepiness, these treatments can help you achieve a more youthful and elegant neck.
Before undergoing any cosmetic procedure, it's essential to consult with a qualified and experienced practitioner who can assess your individual needs and recommend the most suitable treatment plan. I would love to have the opportunity to consult on rejuvenating your neck and enhance your overall confidence in a safe and effective way. Say goodbye to the signs of aging and hello to a more youthful you! Book a consult with me now to see how I can help you along the journey of neck rejuvention!
- Brobst RW, Ferguson M, Perkins SW. Noninvasive Treatment of the Neck. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics. 2014.
- Galadari H, Galadari I, Smit R, Prygova I, Redaelli A. Use of abobotulinumtoxinA for cosmetic treatments in the neck, and middle and lower areas of the face: a systematic review. Toxins. 2021.
- Yi KH, Lee JH, Lee K, Hu HW, Lee HJ, Kim HJ. Anatomical proposal for botulinum neurotoxin injection targeting the platysma muscle for treating platysmal band and jawline lifting: a review. Toxins. 2022.
- Cohn JE, Greco TM. Advanced techniques for the use of neurotoxins in non-surgical facial rejuvenation. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. 2020.