New V-Carbon Skin Peel!
by Michael Wong·
New V-Carbon Skin Peel!
I am excited to announce that we now offer a new chemical peel at AE.R Skinlab! This is one of my favorite treatments, and I will be going into more detail about why. If you are new to what a chemical peel is, it is a solution that gets applied to the face to remove dead skin cells and stimulate new cell growth.
There are two forms of exfoliation, chemical and physical. Physical usually involves a device (such as microdermabrasion) to remove the dead skin cells.
This type of exfoliation may not be suitable for everyone because if you have active acne, this can actually spread the bacteria (or many of those areas will be avoided during treatment due to that). You may also be someone who has sensitive skin that doesn't react well to a scrubber or too much suction on the skin. This is where chemical exfoliation comes in. It gently dissolves away the dead skin cells in 3 to 15 minutes depending on the peel and the level of exfoliation you want. This is the perfect treatment for someone who has active acne and/or scarring.
This peel is called the V-Carbon, and it is made up of two products, V Carbon film and V Carbon spray. When these are used together, it allows to obtain flawless, smooth, and younger-looking skin on the face and body.
The V-Carbon system is indicated for improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars / discoloration, and skin texture. It not only helps with brightening the skin, but it can also lift and tighten the skin while reducing the pore size. This is a wonderful option for patients who have combination to oily skin. You will notice your skin texture improve after just one treatment, but for optimal results we recommend a series of treatments (at least three).
Now to learn a bit about the ingredients in this peel..
It contains natural exfoliating agents including:
- Mandelic acid: this is a type of gentle alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) derived from bitter almonds. It may help reduce acne, fine lines, and wrinkles and improve the appearance of uneven skin.
- Lactic acid: this is another type of AHA most often derived from fermented dairy products. It helps remove dead skin cells, smooth rough areas, and moisturize the skin.
- Ferulic acid: an antioxidant that acts as a strong scavenger of free radicals, and it is derived from various seeds, nuts, leaves, and fruits. It is best known for its anti-aging properties. Not only does it fight free radicals, but it may slow the aging process at the cellular level.
- Glycolic acid: this is an AHA with the smallest molecule, and it is derived from sugar cane. This means that it is better able to penetrate the skin, delivering benefits below the skin's surface. Some with a very sensitive skin type may find its resurfacing effects harder to tolerate.
- Ginger extract & Licorice extract: anti-inflammatory, natural antioxidants, and calming properties.
The V-Carbon spray that is used to neutralize has an immediate lifting effect, thanks to an innovative molecular complex: Gabellina (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid). It works as an ideal anti-aging ingredient. It can penetrate the skin and relax tense muscles, which significantly reduces expression lines to achieve fresher, younger looking skin.
Something we plan to offer in the near future is the V Carbon System combined with Q-switched laser. This will amplify your results by causing controlled damage which trigger natural healing responses. The laser breaks up and absorbs the carbon using short pulses. This also removes any dead cells, excess oil, and other impurities lying on the skin’s surface. This process also provides deep exfoliation for skin that is brighter, smoother and softer.
Stay tuned to hear more about this fantastic peel in combination with laser. In the meantime, reach out today to book in and try it. We have a special intro price for the V-Carbon peel until October 15th!